News & Notes
Starting Sunday July 31st 2016, our Sunday evening service time will change to 2:00PM.
In the Sunday morning bible class we are currently working our way through the Robert Harkrider series Basic Bible Doctrine (Book 1) First Principles of Christianity . We hope that you will join us through this study of God’s word.
Our time for Wednesday night bible study has recently changed. The saints in Garden City will now be meeting at 7PM on Wednesday evenings. We hope that you can join us!
Sunday Dates and Topics:
July 24, 2016 – Lesson 12 – Giving As God Has Prospered Us
July 31, 2016 – Lesson 12 – Giving As God Has Prospered Us (Part 2)
August 7, 2016 – Lesson 13 – Prayer
August 14, 2016 – Lesson 13 – Prayer (Part 2)
August 21, 2016 – Starting – Basic Bible Doctrine (Book 2) First Principles of Christianity. This series deals with the following topics:
- How to Study the Bible
- How to Establish Bible Authority
- The Mission and Work of the Church
For the next 6 weeks we will be presenting a one lesson overview of several Old Testament books. The books that will be covered will be discussed as follows:
July 20, 2016 – Judges
July 27, 2016 – Ruth
August 3, 2016 – 1st Samuel
August 10, 2016 – 2nd Samuel
August 17, 2016 – Nehemiah
August 24, 2016 – Nehemiah (Part 2)
August 31, 2016 – Esther
On September 6, 2016 we will start a study on the book of Joshua; this study will be more in-depth and be discussed over a period of several weeks.
2 Timothy 4:1-5
(1) I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
(2) preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
(3) For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
(4) and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
(5) As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.